This week is Stress Less Week in conjunction with Active Minds. Seven days of taking action and raising awareness of stress, anxiety and encouraging the idea that speaking out about your troubles is a sign of strength and self-awareness.
5 tips for battling stress:
- Exercise – whether you’re a hardcore marathoner, or more of a stroll in the park sort
- Talking to friends and family – connecting with your family and friends can help relieve your stress
- Striving for your best, not idealized ‘perfection’ – being perfect isn’t possible, so be your best self
- Eat well – a healthy diet can aid lessening stress and anxiety
- Get some perspective – think about your situation and whether it is as bad as you think, or if you might be blowing it out of proportion
Active Minds are also promoting Self-Care Selfies (#SelfCareSelfie) to share with others your self-care methods.
Here are some pictures of my self-care methods!
Join in and share with me in the comments what methods of self-care you use?